தமிழ் சமூக மையம்- Job Posting (3 positions)
Community Programs Directors
These positions are made available through the support of our Federal Government’s Summer Jobs for Youth. Therefore, these positions are only open to youth under the age of 30.
Contract: Part Time 15 to 20 hours/week (4 months)
- Organizing an outreach strategy to promote the program within the Tamil community in the GTA
- Engage community stakeholders in supporting the initiative of Tamil Community Centre in 2020-2021
- Recruit and train a group of volunteers from the Tamil community to engage community development initiatives both within the Tamil community and in collaboration with other diverse communities
- Engage various community groups and organizations within Scarborough’s different neighbourhoods to inform them of the Tamil Community Centre initiative.
- Assist with other duties as assigned including administrative and outreach duties.
- Strong leadership and outreach skills
- Experience in working/volunteering on projects related to the Tamil community
- Ability to read, write and/or speak Tamil is an asset
- Familiarity of issues impacting Tamil community and the knowledge of the various community assets
- Understanding of anti-racism and anti-oppression framework and principles
- Strong communication skills and social media skills
Compensation Range: $15/hour
Please submit your résumé and cover letter by July 22nd, 2020 by 2pm, to:
Tamil Community Centre is committed to employment equity & encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.